Tanita’s calorie walk pedometer is an excellent beginner’s pedometer – it counts your steps and the calories you burn during your walk.
Walking to Get Fit
Walking to get fit is the easiest, cheapest, lowest impact form of exercise which can be incorporated into everyday life. All the family can join in too, young and old to increase overall health and fitness.
Simple to operate, the Tanita Calorie Walk Pedometer counts the number of steps taken for a walk and shows the number of calories burned.
Want to Count Calories?
If you are walking to get fit, you will probably want to know how many calories you’ve burned too. In order to count calories as accurately as possible, there is an optional function on the Tanita Calorie Walk Pedometer to add in your weight.
Want to Set Some Motivating Goals?
If you want to get really motivated and have some fitness goals, you can set targets by referencing the calorie and weight charts on the inside case of the Tanita Calorie Walk Pedometer and by switching between the number of steps taken and calories burned.
Why Walk to Get Fit?
Studies from the British Heart Foundation show that walking can:
- Improve your overall fitness and increases energy levels
- Improve circulation and build stamina
- Help towards the recommendation of taking 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week or taking 10,000 steps per day
Walking also helps…
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce high cholesterol
- Reduce body fat and help maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce stress and create a feeling of well being
- Increase bone density - helping to prevent osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of non insulin dependant diabetes
Why Walk With a Pedometer?
- Can really help with self-motivation as you can set yourself goals
- Show how active you really are
- Provide measurable means to reach your exercise goals
- Can be used to measure your ‘background’ activity - how active you are in your day to day life