The ultimate reference book for food and your health. New updated edition.
Judith Wills sees food as fuel and vital medicine. The Food Bible is an extensive encyclopaedia of diet. With more and more people taking an interest in their health, detailed but easy to understand information on food and nutrition is needed. The Food Bible is a mine of information to help keep you fit and healthy. By looking at food in many different capacities - as medicine, for health and pleasure and for weight loss, Judith Wills has put together an ultimate reference book for food and your health. With colourful photographs, meal plans and recipes, The Food Bible is for anyone who cares about what they eat.
The Food Bible Includes:
- What food your body needs dependent on the stage of life you're in
- Which foods to avoid or use to treat over 80 common ailments and health problems, such as high cholesterol, arthritis or heart disease.
- The fact and fiction behind GM and organic food explained
- Easy-to-follow advice on weight control and an evaluation of the most common weight-loss diets
- Over 100 delicious and healthy recipes for all occasions and diets
Over 200,000 copies sold worldwide
Incorporating the most up-to-the-minute research from the world's top authorities on all aspects of nutrition and diet, Judith Wills presents the essential facts in this ultimate guide to all that's good and bad in the food we eat. With expert advice on what to eat at every stage of your life, The Food Bible guides you through the maze of sometimes contradictory dietary advice with clear nutritional information. So whether you are eating to slim, manage an allergy or ailment or simply for health, The Food Bible will help you maintain the correct balanced diet.