Resistance Band or Resistance Tube Door Attachment
Resistance Band or Resistance Tube - Door Attachment
When using a resistance band or resistance tube at home, many exercises require you to attach your chosen resistance equipment to a solid object. Using a door attachment is an ideal way to do this, it is not a permanent fixture in your home and can be used over and over again.
You can buy door attachments, but we’d like to show you how quick and easy it is to make and attach a door attachment yourself.
How to Make a Door Attachment
You will need: a strong piece of cord, roughly 5ft/152cm.
1. Fold the cord in half.
2. Fold the cord in half again.
3. Make a knot about 1/3 of the way down, and draw tight.
4. The two thirds below the knot, becomes our cord's loop.
5. Find the midpoint in your resistance band or tube, and make a small loop in it.
6. Put the loop of your cord through the loop of your resistance band or tube.
7. Now pull the other end of the cord through the cord's loop to create another knot, and pull tight.
How to Attach a Door Attachment
1. Go to a door in your home and stand on the hinge side of the door.
2. With the door open, feed the knotted end of the cord over the hinge.
3. Shut the door and check that the door attachment is firmly in place before starting your exercises.
DISCLAIMER: Please ensure that, if you choose to use the attachment as described in this feature, it is securely fastened. Using this attachment with the Reebok resistance band is entirely at your own risk.